Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG)

What is exactly the cause of my severe vomitting spells? Is it purely a common morning sickness that affects most expectant mother?

Having experienced it during my first pregnancy, the second time round was expected to be the same even though not easy to expect but it is definitely not easy to deal with.

15 times vomitting in a single...that's the record for my second pregnancy...how about that? During my first pregnancy my highest record was only 7 times in a day...should I say, congrats! U have now broke your own records!

Sigh....yesterday I have went for a drip of two bags of glucose and saline ....right after reaching the 15 times award.

And guess what this second time experience has made me research and voila...so my symtom has a name! It is actually called Hyperemesis Gravidarum! So it is called...so what is this actually...to find out more about this..just type this term in google and you'll find lotsa info on it...meanwhile...i need to pen off now...fetching my dotter shortly...ciao....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting this
I just learn something from it