Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Siblinghood


Last weekend I was with my two kids for 3 full days as the babysitter is "on leave" and my hubby happened to be away for training as well...

I was for the first time perhaps spend some good quality time with my two babies(age 7mths = and 2 yrs 6 mths old)....somehow I see the difference between the two of them....their growth and development....I am not sure whether it is a coincidence or what..but somehow having an older sibling does makes the younger ones grow amazingly faster compared to an only child...

My son seems to response, laugh, and learn faster with the sister playing with him all the time...haha...not to mentioned that he managed to picked up his sister's(KY) screaming skills as well or rather she does sound like "screaming" when she sings loudly...I guess to a two year old...they still can't differentiate or control their volume just yet....

So it is a fruitless effort on my side to get her to sing softly or to speak softly when the brother is zzzzzzzzzz......

So parents out there...if you are contemplating whether to add one more kid to your only child...this is what I can share...having a sibling as my best friend used to said is a gift from God! Having a lifetime companionship and "siblinghood" if there's such a word for it!

This reminds me ...when is the last time i have a cuppa and chat with my siblings ?? :) 

Happy Siblinghood....!

No comments: