Thursday, April 23, 2009

Earth Day…

Something was in my mind for sometime…something we have been encouraged to do for sometime now… USING recycled bags when we do our shopping…

But something which my DH often asked me “hey no more plastic bags for throwing rubbish?” ..yep my DH is often the one who helped to throw our daily rubbish….and yep we still use plastic bag to contain the dirty diapers, etc.

Of course we would like to heed the call to use recycle bags..in fact I have collected quite a few of them in different sizes(see picture below) and I used them as well especially when I go wet market and organic shops for shopping BUT sometimes at hypermarket I would turn back to using plastic bags …yea ..just sometimes..when I am buying too many stuffs….

 

 

One thing also bugs me…we still need to use plastic bags to contain our rubbish before throwing it..either we buy those black or blue ones or we used those from what we got when we purchased our goods…

So it does defeats or delay the cause of using recycled bags? I wonder how does other countries who promote recycle bags does with their Bandaraya or Refuse collection? How and What can we do if not throwing the items in plastic bags? I heard people reuse their rubbish and turned into useful washing detergens or something….I ponder on doing that too..but I fear my kids might play with it…eiks..

I really do hope to learn some alternatives people are using at rubbish management…how does our rubbish collection agency doing to help in reducing the plastic bags people are using?

I learnt that in Germany and some other countries they have specific days whereby they will collect glasses, papers and other dispose items…and people have to separate their rubbish properly…

I think I should also do this..separate them into different bins..but what about the plastic bags to contain them..anything else I can use?

What are you folks practicing? Care to share?

Hear from you all while I do some research on it :)

 

Cheers to our Earth!

 

 

1 comment:

Josephine said...

I did not do anything! T___T
Am I not belongs to the earth?
Someone sends me back to Venus pls...