Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Menu Planning Thought for the week


This week I bought some bitter gourd (because I have been a fan of it but hardly cook it at all for the past 3 years being a wife..hmm..why..well…unsure..but I have been eating it everywhere..bitter gourd noodle soup, bitter gourd dish in mixed rice…you name it!)

Is there any bitter gourd fans out there? How do you like your bitter gourd to be cooked?

I thought of frying it with egg, adding in noodle soup or even cooked it with salted beans or make it into soup.

Any other ways to cook up a yummy bitter gourd? Hmm…

Recently I stumble upon a nice site from Jamie Oliver and over at the site it has a steamed aubergine (some of us known it as “eggplant” or “terung” in Bahasa Malaysia). Looks yummy to me…perhaps I would try it..let me get some chilli and herbs as garnishing and flavouring first :)

I think cooking is an art really…and is a hobby to many…talking about this….I am tempted to try making my own pizza dough this weekend…crossed my finger and may I succeed on baking my first pizza for my DH birthday!

 

Cheers!

 

No comments: