Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reminiscing and Reflecting on Breastfeeding Journey

Recently a sudden thought came across me as I reflecting on my breastfeeding(BF) journey....

Throughout the journey I have many people to thanked for to make my breastfeeding journey bearable if not enjoyable (*winks*)
1. My DH, he's my first and strongest ally in terms of breastfeeding especially during my first born with an ignorant me(first-timer in BF) and lotsa bullets and M16 from all corners(sorry for saying this...but that is what I felt then (sniff* sniff*)

2. My BF buddies....whom i consulted via sms, e-mails, IM throughout my confinement, and throughout my about 6 mths battle (yep, after 6 mths, you can considered yourself semi-pro as BF mom and you can generally handle the M16 confidently and suprisingly, you might even win yourself a pat on the back and some praises or admiration(applause and flowers....hehe)

3. My supportive and understanding bosses, for allowing me to pump @ work(which is so crucial in maintaining the milk supply and maintain the BF journey on-going....

4.  All the BF consultants, allies, supporters and educators plus nursing attires, equipment, helpers designers/manufacturers who has made our journey so much more enjoyable and achievable!

As I am writing this, I have come across this article by Mommy Lyna, 

Mistakes and Misconception in Handling EBM (Expressed Breast Milk), head over to her blog to check out the informative and interesting articles yourself!

Cheers to all BF moms...and BF-friendly Dads....!

No comments: