Monday, May 25, 2009

Thinking of Chinese names for boys

The Chinese names for both my two kids are chosen and thought by my DH as I am not very good in Chinese.

I wonder was it the same for many of my Chinese-illiterate friends…or even my non-Chinese friends as I know there are people out there who likes to adopt a chinese name as well.

Lately, I found Parenthots has an article which has recommendation for few nice Chinese names for boys (erm..have not seen for girls yet..maybe in near future).

So folks do check it out if you are thinking of Chinese names for your child or yourself.

 

Cheers!

1 comment:

Ai-Ling said...

The Chinese names for my two boys were chosen by me, even though I'm totally hopeless in Mandarin.

How did I do that? I used the Mandarin (with hanyu pinyin) to English :D

My elder boy is You Jin (meaning 'fine glory') while my younger one is Wei Jin (meaning 'grand glory').

Fortunately, my DH and my in-laws had no objections at all ;)