Friday, June 19, 2009

Are you a Book Lover?

Yes, I am!!

I think my love for reading was planted deeply the moment my English teacher, I think her name is Mrs. Thiang passed me three free copies of Reader's Digest. I was hooked instantaneously from then on. I would be reading Reader's Digest even right before taking the 1119 Exam :P

And when I started working(still single), the moment I get my paycheck, I would go to Popular, MPH or Kinokuniya for my book shopping. As I always end up with more books than I can finished in a month, I would have to fix my each purchase to three per trip. However once, I ended up buying 16 books(totalled close to MYR300) at MPH warehouse sales. Woot...that was the extreme(for me at least!!)


And naturally I am not missing out in buying books for my kids, from cloth book, to those tiny hard cover ones which we can bring along when travellling. Below is the picture of KY(I think when she is about 5-6mths old). But back then she prefered to chew on the book :P. Somehow I glad that my love of reading does rub a bit on her..she would now grab a book whereever she goes..even when I bring her to visit my friends.






And, yep one good news I would to share that Kitty Cat is having a giveaway at her blog aPregnantpause.net (1ChildrenBooks.com is giving away 2 (TWO) hardcover copies of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows", each worth RM109.90). So if you are Harry Potter fans, do check out the giveaway here.



Happy Reading!



Cheers!

3 comments:

Hanz Jamaludin said...

Do you love Enid Blyton? I think Enid Blyton is the most awesome author of all times!

Uuu..reminds me to blog about her soon....

Kit said...

Cool! Nice to meet another Mums who loves reading and sharing the joy with the child :)

I actually have a 'Read-a-Book-a-Month' campaign going on at my children's book review blog. Join in to keep tabs on what both of you are reading...

We have been reading and reading but I've lost tabs already. Terrible organizer LOL

alohamolly said...

Hi KittyCat,

Thanks for dropping by!

Yep will certainly visit your blog ;)

Thanks for sharing your activities..

And All The Best in ur(BABY) delivery!

Cheers!