Thursday, December 10, 2009

Curious kids need to be tough inside


Ever since I am pregnant with my first child, KY, I have read a lot about babies and how to build up a strong immune system.

Then I decided to breastfeed my child to give them the GREAT START!!

Even though, being attacked by minor sickness like flu, cough etc is part and parcel of growing up, but at least we can make their defence stronger so that they can at least recover faster or get sick less frequently or less serious!

I think that's the Best GIFT we can give to our children.

Kids are naturally full of
curiosity and zest for life! In order to enable them to have a joyful and unrestricted discovery of this world, one of the thing we can do is to make them tough inside, that is emotionally and physically healthy so that they could explore their world with no worries or limit!

Breastmilk is the first step. The next thing we can do is to provide them a good nutrition from young.

The following are some steps I took to ensure I play my part in giving them a good immune system:
1. Breastfeed my kids(at least for first six months), KY was breastfed till 1 year old and Shone(at 18months) is still being breastfed


2. Adopt the 4 days rule when introducing solid food to detect any allergies in food intake. (For KY, she is fine with most food, whereas Shone seems to have tendency of gassy stomach after taking sweet potatoes)

3. Keep abreast with all the latest articles regarding immune system. I subscribed to numerous newsletter from everywhere to keep myself updated.

4. Ask around, share and scout for healthy and easy to make recipes.Keep experimenting and introducing varieties of good and wholesome food.

5. Allow the kids to run around in nature.

6. Give a well-balanced diet. I adhere the 5 colors rule, that is mixed and matched food in 5 colors combination, a simple way to ensure they receive varieties of nutrients.


7. Ensure they get enough rest and playtime.( I try not to arrange too much activities during the weekends especially during their nap times and no more parties till late nights too!)



There are more steps we can take I believe!

What are the steps you take to increase your child’s immune system?

I love to hear it especially now that my kids are fighting the HFM disease![I hope they will be as strong as the picture fighting the coxsackie virus with all their MIGHT..mommy will be hear cheering and supporting for you kids!!!! Aunties and Uncles out there, please keep them in your prayers!!]Mommy is doing ALL my BEST pumping my breastmilk(since Shone is having ulcers now and not able to suck/nurse), making ice popsicles and ensure they don't get dehydrated!

Pray that All kids grow strong and mighty!

Cheers!

4 comments:

Yannie said...

Hi, I hope your kids are recovering from HFM now. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

alohamolly said...

Thanks Yan!

They got better now...Merry Christmas to u & family too!

Cheers!

Chinneeq said...

u write really well...thanks for sharing. hope to see u this coming sat!

alohamolly said...

Hi Chinnee,

Thanks! Hope to c u n kids this Sat too!

Cheers!