Saturday, December 19, 2009

The life of a WAHM's child

Hi folks,

I like to share about the life being a child of a Work at Home Mom(or Dad) a.k.a WAHM. This is based on my own personal experience being brought up by a WAHM and WAHD(dad) as well as from my observation from the people around me.

When I was very young(before I started nursery at the age of 5), I used to be cared by my grandparents. Then from the moment I am five, my mom started to work from home doing tailoring/sewing to cared for the four of us.


In my memories, my childhood is filled with playtime with my neighbours(i.e. the kids around my age) and my siblings.


Mealtime is always a lovely time and the one that holds the strongest spot in my memory. I simply love the smell of home-cooked meals and love the process of helping my mom out in the kitchen.

And now, when I think of it, it is a pure luxury for kids with working parents who hardly cook during the weekdays I guess(I am currently a Full-Time Working Parents,(FTWP) myself). Being a FTWP myself, I would take every opportunity to prepare meals for my family but I also had to admit that I yearned for the convenience of packed meal when time is running late.


Somehow, I cannot help but wonder what would be the memories of today's children would reminisce when they grow up? Will it filled with the Kakak(a.k.a maid's) lovely dishes or the varies computer games they played daily?

Now, that is one of the strongest point which makes me wanted to be a WAHM all along. Creating a happy and healthy childhood or create a good start for my kids.

It is not all a bed of roses too being a WAHM and WAHM's children.

Stay tuned for my next post about the challenges being a WAHM's child.


Cheers!

Note: This post is also published in MomBloggersPlanet.com as part of my monthly column as MBP Contributor ;)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

my friend told me her niece call her kak not aunt :( coz she the one care for them

alohamolly said...

wah..haha...my KY calls anyone who looked a bit darker(skin-wise) as "kakak" :P