Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Personal Mentors in Life

 
Hi folks,


I like to share with you my "batteries" of my life who gave me just that extra strength to carry on with whatever mission/passion/difficulties I faced in life! May I present these wonderful life mentors of mine(in no particular sequence of importance, all equally IMPORTANT to me!!)



  1. My kids
    I am sure all parents would agreed with me that the kids teach us a lot! When I got busy with my work, and feeling guilty over it(in silent), my girl can sense it and gave me that reassurance I need by saying, "Mommy, I will busy with school work later after you sent brother to babysitter's place and mommy you will go busy with your work too, ok!" Thay are such a darling!



  2. My Husband
    Being a Gemini and being a woman does not helped much in my decision-making. Why do I say so? Because it makes my "already" indecisiveness mode even worst! Having a more clear-headed life partner like my husband helps a lot! Especially when I feel lack of confidence or lack of that extra boldness to go ahead with a dream action to go after my dream/goal, my husband gave me that extra PUSH and SUPPORT needed!



  3. My Siblings
    They have been my best ally ever! In time of uncertainties, sadness and down-trodden time, they stood there for me and makes me laugh and ease me up and feel that things are not that bad after all and it's NOT the end of the world just yet!



  4. My Parents
    I think I have to give credit to both my parents not only for bringing me into this world and giving me the BEST they can afford. My dad being a WAHD, he spent most of his time chauffering us around school, sports activities and trips. My mom the hard-worker provides us with the much needed financial support to survive our studies/degree.



  5. My breastfeeding allies
    My mentor everywhere, From people of all walks of life, a policewoan who managed to breastfeed eventhough it is VERY hard for them to do so; from a police woman being on duty all the time yet managed to breastfeed her child! A mother of twins. A constantly flying mom who carried her breastmilk in dry ice after her company trip. Lactation consultant, counselors and articles online as well as other breastfeeding buddies who faced the same thing makes my every breastfeeding challenges looks minor and common.



  6. My buddies
    My primary school buddy, Sharon, high school buddies(lotsa of them), my ex-colleagues, my ex-bosses, my Godsister(Kim) and lotsa more!



  7. Historical /Public figures
    People with such wisdom in life like Confucius, Mother Teresa, Superman(Christopher Reeves), and many more...



  8. Commoners
    Everyday folks like the tough yet friendly restaurant owner, the tough young kids who supported her family since young, the athletes who brings glory to the country with their pure determination and sportsmanship.



  9. Workshops and Positive Places
    The people I met at Asiawork Basic Training, at centres who stressed on spirituallity, numerous workshops....



  10. Bloggers
    Yep, you heard it right! I have learn and gain a lot just by reading and "witnessing" their own struggles and triumph in life.

That's a huge list all right!


They are all different sources of "batteries" which helps me to charge up when I am low battery!


How about you? Who are your "battery-charger"


I would love hearing from you! Let's share and inspire others!


Cheers!

2 comments:

Chinneeq said...

*hugz* to you, Molly!

alohamolly said...

Thanks Chinnee for your frequent visits!

Cheers!