Thursday, March 18, 2010

Never drive when you are "drugged"

Hi folks,
 
I am getting better today, my gum is not so painful now (keep finger crossed...hope it remains painless throughout the day and nite). Somehow the pain is more intense during the nite which I am not sure why...
 
Last night, I was trying to bear the pain until Shone take his last milk session(breastfeeding) at 10pm before I finally take the painkillers (3 types..yea..so very much "drugged" by it) as the medication will flow into the bloodstream and thus the milk..so doc advice me to feed him before taking the medication and have a gap of 6 hours after taking the medicine before feeding him again. Finally DH can't bear to see me in pain, then he took over to make Shone sleep (without mommy around) so that I can take the medicine earlier to stop the pain.
 
Now, I took the medication around 10.30pm last nite, up till now, the next morning, I am still feeling a bit in "daze" and I felt that my response aren't as fast as normal days...phew, don't even dare to overtake a slow-moving truck in front of me...going barely 50km/j...
 
Now, I kept reminding myself to take it slow and easy, especially when I recalled the mishap faced by my friend who had a car accident with her son in her car simply because she took the flu medication and was feeling drowsy. Damn scary!! Even though she and her son survived the accident, but his 5 years old son had over 20 stiches on his head while she hurt her leg so badly that she cannot drive or walk properly for months. I think she broke her bones...if I am not wrong, she is in clutches when I see her again.
 
So folks, better take precaution! Always ask the doctor whether the medication will make you feeling drugged/drowsy. If yes, make sure someone else drive you to whichever destination you need to go. Never drive when you are "drugged".
 
Have a safe trip and healthy lifestyle always...
 
Cheers!

No comments: