Friday, April 2, 2010

Second Time Parenthood special post to reply comments on Self-started Toilet Training

Hi folks,
 
I know it's weird looking at my replies of comments in blog post format :P
 
But as I am writing my reply to the comments, I find it so lengthy and perhaps informational(ahem) to share with the others, so here I am..dedicating a special blog post to reply comments made on my previous post: Self-started Toilet Training
 
So here's a special post to answer to the lovely parents who drop by and commented!
 
Unlisted one asked: Molly, where can we find a good potty for kids ya?
 
Hi Unlisted one,
 
I bought mine(Sweet Cherry brand) from Tesco at around MYR15.90. I did not actually look for any particular brand, but wanted to make sure this time I bought a bigger one with wider base 'cos the one I bought for my elder child was too mini size and too low to be used for my kids whom I think have long legs like their dad :P And those traditionally used by Chinese(the red type where most Chinese would include in their wedding set so-to-speak) is high enough but not stable enough on the base which is a no-no for young kids who need proper balancing when they do their biz :D That's what I felt!
 
The one I bought at Tesco actually has music on it when the pee is filling on it..but it did not last long..after a while the music don work anymore but I don see my kids actually mind that...they still use it like before. Perhaps spend less time on it..cos not curious about the music that comes out of it :P
 
There are some which cost over MYR60 for one potty which comes with music or "mobile" function which makes it easy to carry around for travelling too. But I feel it depends on your needs and requirement plus of course budget. U can find those special potty from Babyland and even those online stores(which you can find the link on the right of my blog here! :)
 
One thing I noticed...the kids don't really like to use potty for very long. My daughter for one, would not sit on potty at age 3. Prefer to use toilet bowl like adult. But of course I bought a child-size placeholder to place on top of our normal size toilet bowl for her at MYR9.90 from Jusco. So it's whether it worth the amount of money to spend on a potty :)
 
Hope this answers your question.
 
Mama-Miya commented:
 
bravo little man!!
ur so lucky to have such a mature boy. i going bonkers over this potty training process.
 
Hi Mama-Miya,
I think being the second child, my boy has someone who demo it in front of him daily. So he seems to took it to his stride easily. I am sure when you have your second one, it'll be easier! All the BEST in our potty training phase! It'll soon passed..pray hard :D
 
Sasha said:
good job shone!
 
Hi Sasha,
Thanks! I think as what my blogger buddy, Hanz, a CD guru often shared...cloth-diapered kids really took toilet training a whole lot earlier and better. My gal only started at age 2 yrs 6 mths. So my boy(who is not 2 yet) is an early potty training participant here...hehe...maybe 'cos he has been wearing cloth diaper too..even though is a mix between cloth and disposable compared to his sister who is fully on disposable!
 
 
MieVee shared:
 
Wow, that is a great step forward! :)
unlisted_one: My boy loves his BABYBJÖRN Potty Chair, we have reviewed it at http://www.mummysreviews.com/2009/11/14/babybjorn-potty-chair/
 
 
Hi MieVee,
Thanks for sharing your review with us! And yup, unlisted_one, that's one of those potty you can find on those online stores and special shop like Babyland too ;)
 
So, yes to all my other mommies friends, now you know why I have been giving cloth diaper as "full moon" pressies instead of the usual disposable. Cos I want the mommies to have a chance to experienced the "benefits" and "cost-saving" of cloth diapering themselves and then only judge whether it worth the dollars and sense!
 
Note: As I wrote this, I just ordered another local-made Cloth Diaper for my primary school buddy for her son's full moon. ;)
 
Cheers!

No comments: