Saturday, May 8, 2010

What have I been thinking lately in the month of May?


Hi folks,

With the radio, newspapers, advertisement and everywhere in all corners seems to be sending the message of Mother’s Day and ways of showing our appreciation to our mom, I have been thinking a lot more lately in every single task or experiences I faced and linking it with my parents (not only my mom).

One Wednesday night, my daughter suddenly express her love to me and said, “Mommy, I Love You (in Mandarin)” and my immediate action is to embrace her back and said “I Love you too”. I reckon later, perhaps the nursery teacher has taught them to express their love to their parents. No matter who or what initiates it, it sure feels good.

Now, I think back, when was the last time I hug my mom and said I love her too?

Even though my siblings and I would celebrate Mother’s Day with her every year, but to which extent my heart goes to my mom seems rather shallow.

Every single day at this month of appreciation, hearing songs of gratitude, I can’t helped but feel indebted to all the sacrifices that my parents have made to me especially at each action I did for the sake of my children.

The following little action reminded me of my parents’ sacrifices:

1. Even if there’s nothing to eat for the parents, they would make sure their child never go hungry.

Every morning, I would make sure I pack something for KY to bring to school and DH would always keep whatever snacks or special treats he have gotten from returning colleagues from overseas or gift from clients to give to his two (or maybe three, me included? Haha) darlings.

2. Every career move, family is the first priority.

For women especially, I find so many of my women friends who have let their career put on hold or reject better offer in exchange of more time for their family and kids. My parents are not excluded.

3. How many sleepless nights tending to the sick child.

Each time I had sleepless night taking care of my sick child; it reminded me how many sleepless nights my parents have sacrifice for me too.

There are many other little actions or things which reminded me of the sacrifices of all parents.

I hope I will never forget the sacrifices that my parents and in-laws have done for me & my family.

And that no matter for what reason, I should never be rude to them, always keeping in touch with them and spend more time hearing their talk or pouring of tales (this is definitely not always an easy task for me as I lacked of patience :P..but I will try my best on this J). How about you folks? What do you plan/pledge to do to commemorate this special day?

Please share with me in the comment box! :D

Cheers to all parents! Happy Mother's Day to All Mommies!

1 comment:

transformed housewife said...

I can't wish my late mum Happy Mother's Day anymore but I could wish my MIL. We seldom celebrate Mother's Day but I had lots of sweet memories with my late mum. As for my daughters, they always say "I love you mama", before they go to sleep at night. It means a lot to me.