Saturday, January 15, 2011

Things I learnt for the past few weeks

Hi folks!

Last week had been a both busy and fulfilling week for me. As I had
mentioned in my previous post; by far Dec 2010 is the month I loved
most in year 2010. Why? 'Cos it is the month I am both very busy yet
very much attuned/ close with my true heart.

I have done a lot more things in Dec which have greatly added towards
the value and perspective in my life. Some of the few highlights are:

1. Learning and keep practise what you have learnt to be proficient at it
Whether it is driving, giving speech, or even cooking. We have to put
our heart in the task besides our time alone to add soul to it.

2. Keep learning something new
Learning new things keeps me humbled and nurtured. Knowing how much is
lacking in me and how much hidden potential one have internal through
various new exposures by picking up something new and foreign to us is
a totally enriching process.
I took up a paid flower arrangement course in Dec from the $ I saved
by taking a break from work for a week while babysitter is away.
Taking care and spending time with them rather than engaging someone
to care for them during dat week alone gave me he fund I needed for
some self-enrichment course. :) thx to my bosses & colleagues who
granted my leave then :)

3. To speak from the heart and dare to speak out for something you
believe in & which will benefit others at the same time
The pic of the cute animal above reminds me of a documentary they shot
on the annual hunting season in the cold Canada whereby hundreds of
these lovely animals are beaten bloodily, hunted for their private
parts alone and then left to bled to death.

A wise One once said," If you want to know why there in still war in a
civilized society, just put your ear on the wall of a slaughterhouse."

Another wise man also said, "To know how civilized a country is, just
look at how the animals are being treated in their land.

Indeed, when these animals are still being treated with much cruelty
by human, how can there be real world peace. Imagine the kind of
sadness, pain & hatred generated during each slaughtering process.

Although I have been a vegetarian since I was 9. This is very much a
personal choice which I have never like to enforce upon others.
Yet,after watching the documentaries, witnessing the deterioration of
the environment and human's health at large( now hearing someone
getting cancer seems as common as hearing someone having flu), I felt
there is more I can do to promote vegetarian amongst people around me.
I admit I felt rather guilty too that I have not been doing my part as
much as I should knowing the much benefits of vegetarian to the world,
to own karma and to one's health.

After my own mom who was on-off vegetarian herself was warned to watch
her diet or risk going for dialysis and cancer treatment really makes
my heart wrenched for not doing enough to influence her in a positive
way and maintain a healthy vegetarian diet.

So much so to speak , to all who are reading this, I would like to
strongly encourage that everyone to start from somewhere whether from
every 1st & 15th on the lunar calendar or like the ever-growing US
folks adopting meatless Monday diet!

There's a lot more we can do to maintain a more live-able place for
our next generation!

Cheers! :)

--

No comments: