Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What you did on Earth Hour?

Hi folks!

My family and I had very unpredictable schedule during weekend. During Earth Hour, we did switched off all the lights as we were taking our naps way pass dinner time; from 5pm to 9.30pm :P
How did you spent your Earth Hour this year?

What are the changes/actions you like to take to contribute to a better earth?

For me, I like to:
  1. Start making my compost
  2. Learn to make garbage enzymes
  3. Educate my family & myself to start separating our rubbish efficiently (and earn from the recyclable items at the same time..things like old newspaper, glass bottles etc)
  4. I like to switch from a vegetarian to a vegan diet (as much as possible) as I felt I am still taking eggs right now (more about animal protection and rights here than being environmental-friendly unless you are taking about meatless diet ;) to reduce carbon emission and wastage of grains feeding to cow and ended up few grams on human's plate)
  5. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and..have you heard of the new "R"....Reject....yeah...reject the inner desires to own yet another pair of shoes when there are dozens hiding in the shoe cabinets....reject anything that are more of "wants" rather than "needs"...Be wise...

Cheers to a better earth and better human being!

1 comment:

cre8tone said...

Meaningful earth hour..