Thursday, April 14, 2011

Prioritise our life

Hi folks!

Time is precious. Every parent would know that. In fact everyone should know this fact. It is whether or not we acknowledge this fact and take action to priorities our life or we simply ignore it.

I wonder if anyone of you experience this. You received an invitation to a gathering with your friends whom you have not met for sometime.  You very much wanted to make this event happened and made all the necessary arrangement, i.e. babysitting arrangement, seeking "approval" from dearest partner, pre-cooked meals in the fridge/thermal pot, etc. And then, prior to the big day, you received another more important event invitation that is "family-related" event.

Now, how to you make your choice and prioritise your time? Both are something you need to attend. One pre-arranged and another one is family event that it seems that you had to attend. Do you stick to your earlier agreed event or attend the more important ones?

I must admit, I usually don't like to reply immediately whether I could attend an event or visit someone until the very last minute as I have had the phobia of rejecting others after agreeing in the first place. I really had too much of such instances that makes it hard for me to say Yes at the very first invitation notice, normally would RVSP at the last given date.

Same goes for blogger events, it usually takes so much effort and persistence to make our attendance happened. These are really what experienced by most parents' folks I believe. Now, how do you again prioritise in this case?

I would love to hear from everyone and also I am sharing the guideline I used for my decision-making.

Heard of the story below?

time

"Imagine life is a game in which you are juggling five balls. The balls are called work, family, health, friends, and integrity.  And you're keeping all of them in the air. But one day you finally come to understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back. The other four balls—family, health, friends, integrity—are made of glass. If you drop one of these, it will be irrevocably scuffed, nicked, perhaps even shattered. And once you understand the lesson of the five balls, you will have the beginnings of balance in your life".

Thus, for parents folks like me, eventually the welfare of my kids and family comes first. As good friends would understand and would stick with us no matter the distance and time constraint. You can choose to differ in this case.

So, what do you have to say on this- topic of prioritizing our life? Please do share!

 

Cheers!

This post is also published in Mombloggersplanet.com as part of my monthly contribution to their column :)

Do pay them a visit folks, if you are a passionate parenting blogger/reader too!

Happy reading and sharing!

No comments: