Friday, May 20, 2011

Why did I do waking up at 3am today?

Hi folks!

Today KY going for a school trip...and I have woke up early to prepare the sushi rice at 3 am so that it'll  be ready to be wrapped at 6am later..Now, I must say I am a newbie when it comes to sushi...I just love the taste, convenience and practicality of having sushi for snacks-on-the-go which is at the same time "filling".

But, just wonder, do we need to let the sushi cool down before we wrap them? :P I am not too sure but last night even though I have set the alarm at 4.50am, I could not stop worrying that I will overslept and missed the right time to cook the sushi rice...so when I was awoke from bed at 2.35am by the princess who needs the toilet trip...I went over the kitchen to quickly cook the rice...so anxious and excited over the whole day school trip than KY :P

I have made her two mini egg burger for breakfast (sorry no time to take picture this morning as I was in a terrible RUSH hour :P ), a few vegetarian sausages(specially ordered by KY), a few mushrooms(slightly stew using the leftover water from lightly blanching the carrot and yellow capsicum meant for sushi), and oh yes two slices of organic banana cake(steam straight from freezer) which we bought together at BMS Organic after her music class last week.

So, likewise, DH and me is having the similar packed meal, except that I was seriously running late that I only managed to pack the sushi (along with wasabi), the rest of the meal items I simply had to "put" everything into a container (including the egg which is yet-to-be-wrapped into the burger bun :P ) Sorry DH...self-service at office ok :P

So, here ..typically...mommy is packing the "ends" part of the cut sushi...hehe...

Hope KY enjoyed a safe and nice school trip today...

Cheers!


No comments: