Sunday, December 4, 2011

My Personal Experience with Dengue

Hi folks!


Many people asked how my platelet managed to go up and many also shared with me some home remedies.


When I admitted to hospital, all the hospital did was put me on drip to keep me from dehydration, took my temperature, blood pressure and blood test daily as part of their monitoring measure.


The Doc said, "There's nothing much we can do except to wait for the platelet count to rise."


I asked, "Is there anything I could do to help it to rise faster and heal faster? And how long I need to be at the hospital(thinking of my kids, work and also dreaded at the daily vomiting I had as if morning sickness I endured during my two pregnancies whereby I was on drip few times too)"


Dr. said, " Well there's nothing much we can do as currently there's no medication for dengue. That's why you see we don't prescribe any medication for you. Do you need any medication for your fever and vomitting?"


I said," I have been vomitting few times and not able to drink or eat since morning(it was late afternoon when the Dr. finally came). And I am feeling very hot( from inside, the air-cond was put at 23 degree Celsius by the nurse as she said had to keep my temperature down. Then someone who shared the room with me switched it to 32!!!!! while I was a slept, making me feeling hot and sweaty all over..."


I cannot imagine when I was having two-room ward, I am already facing difficulties with the air-cond plus sleeping time( the Korean youngster who slept to me earlier who had dengue as well was a late sleeper and been watching late night movies with her laptop :P).

Throughout my 6 days there, I have 5 different roommates. One of the them being the Ms. Malaysia, Soo Wincci who shifted after the single room is available I think..she had a minor car accident nearby. Being sick and not really a good timing(with people hospitalized)  I did not take the chance to take a pic with her. But wow, she really looks great with very good complexion and outlook in life as she described her ordeal with her friends and family who came to visit. No self-pity, blaming etc, still busy accessing her laptop.. :)



Now back to how I recovered from dengue.. I truly was not sure what truly helps.. But I am very thankful for people(my babysitter) who brought me papaya juice(she just squeeze the juice out and I drank it fresh, slightly bitter but still bearable) & to my sis who brought me fresh watermelon juice(which I drank it all)!


I only took one teaspoon of papaya leaf juice for two days( and vomitted it out afterward); but I guess part of it still did went in my body as after that, the next day my platelet goes up, and I was discharged after resting one more day.


The Dr. saw my papaya leaf juice and want to know his reaction & explanation on the source of this home remedies? Let me explain in the next post.. as it's getting too lengthy this post.. Are you folks yawning already?


Note: I purposely wrote this post for my sifu(former colleague and a great teacher for me in life & at work) who SMS me about hi friend who is having dengue). Hope my sharing helps...


Cheers!
Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

transformed housewife said...

I guess a lot of support from people around us will always help us to become stronger to face anything.