Thursday, January 26, 2012

Reflection and Reporting: Eat and Serve Healthier Food

Hi folks!

This year i have not really confirm or rather conclude on my New Year Goals/Aspirations so to speak....

I have got lotsss in mind to do and achieve...but priorities ..is the key.

I like to do it one at a time or at any one time and...record each small tiny steps leading towards each of my goal.

So today's reporting will be on my Health and Parenting Goal: Eat and Serve Healthier Food :)

One of the many recipes i wanted to experiment is smoothies. This is especially for my kids and hubby in mind.

Of course, first i am my first guinea-pig and my own critics before serving the rest of the crew ;)

This particular one which I have tried : Banana-Avocado Smoothie (verdict: yummy and heart-healthy)

Ingredients are simple:
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 avocado
  • 3/4 glass of apple juice
Method:
Put all into blender and blend to smoothie perfection!
(i use my ever trusty hand blender ...very easy to wash..)

By the way, one of my friend taught me to freeze the unfinished bananas, so I am able to whip this yummy smoothies anytime I have ripe avocados at hand. Simply take out the frozen bananas from the freezer and thaw it for 10mins(if you have a power juicer, you can blend it immediately!). This give the smoothies a cool taste minus the ice.

Today offered this drink to my son who walked into the kitchen full of curiosity. And yep he finished half glass of this yummy-licious drink! Makes mommy happy n proud & excited to try some other yummy recipes ;) One of the thing i could add in now perhaps is some extra nutrients like flaxseed powder etc...

How are the recipes you have been experimenting lately for yourself or family? Pls. do share!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds so yummy. I should follow you and do more smoothies too. My new eating habit: no rice for lunch.