Saturday, February 18, 2012

Packing Meals from home

Hi folks! Many folks especially in US people who going into eating and cooking from home for healthier body & wallet. Thus the recipe boos, kitchen gadgets sales soar. As for me, I did it out of choice and needs & practicality and earning the benefits along the way( will share more on why at another post)
Here's a typical Friday when I would packed for 4 of us including the children. And we are having multigrain porridge. I am using the thermal pot. Very easy an fast to prepare. I just wash the grains(millet, quinoa, brown rice, etc, comes in a combi pack), cut the potatoes, carrot, mushrooms and add everything in the pot+fill enough water. Put on the stove for 10 mins and put it back to thermal pot to let it simmer and cook further while I continue with my housework/zzz. The porridge will be all cooked by the time I am done changing my attire and ready to get out. Pack them all into our lunch box/pot and sprinkle some nutri powder(black sesame, white sesame, wheatgerm etc). For DH, I add one cube of Chinese preserved beancurd("lam Yu"). Yummy...we are all ready to go! Storing the food in those thermos or thermal pot helps to keep the food warm till lunch time :) hope this post encourage you to try packing from home too :) it's do-able with some planning in advance & some essential ingredient at hand ;)
Cheers & have a lovely weekend!

No comments: