Monday, May 7, 2012

Busy Exam period?

Hi folks!
 
Last weekend, i went for a planned overnite at my younger sis's house. And some cooking, swimming etc planned out.
 
Totally forgotten that my kids would be having their exam this week....
 
So, uponr reading FB statuses of the "stressed-out" mommies, I just bring out all their books to revise for the subject to be tested on Monday.
 
It's Chinese for my girl and Chinese & Moral for my boy.
 
It's a bit challenging though to revise together at the same time as you get questions coming from both side. When i answered to one, the other one thought i answer to him/her. And when one had to wait, he/she got impatient.
 
Hohoho, so after going through the books for like 30mins or so....we hang up and took our nap..haha...am i over-relaxing? Afterall it's only nursery?
 
Well, i just felt, it's good to let them have the habits of revising, but no need the add-on stress.
 
I can see my boy dutifully showing me what to be revised...not bad for a 3year old going to be 4 next month. Whereas, my gal..phew....totally non-challant attitude...
 
Besides, this mommy being chinese illiterate doesn't help much...I had to refer to my iphone apps- talking dictionary for the pronunciation and meaning of the Chinese words....hohoho...
 
So, at night time when the dad is back from his outstation trip, I got him to go through with the girl who has "tougher" chinese works & words to be revised and go through...
 
Hope she can be more independant with her revision and school work expecially when she marched on to primary school next year...aiyaya..time for me to catch up more chinese ......before the 2013 comes...
 
Cheers and chill out k Mommies...don't over-stress yourself & kids!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I also find it difficult to coach all my kids at the same time. So, I decided that I will coach them on different days; daughter on Tues and Thurs, son on Wed and Fri.
I don't stress anymore when they have exams. They've shown me they can handle it :) I provide the "rewards", they decide if they want it or not. Hahahah.

alohamolly said...

thanks for sharing Ai Lian...i think that can only be done prior to the exam :P this mommy is doing things last minute hohoho...

But will implement ur idea next exam period!

Thanks :D