Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Year in Reflection in month of March

Hi folks!


Do you find time passes very quickly? It’s March now and I just finished my 3rd cans of CNY cookies!


Gosh!

New Year is the time we start to clean up our house to prepare for the New Year, new beginning. It’s also a time where we relook our expenditure, finance and goals.

I have not really put down my goals for the year as I rush through the year with minimal time to do the house cleaning!


Where has the time gone! :P


I guess I’ve been trying to take it bit slower this time, less stress, just focus on the important ones.


However, plan and reflection is something we or I feel I should be doing otherwise, next year today I would still be lamenting where the time has gone?!! And I’ve learn from my work in project management field, when we fail to plan, we will end up spending our time putting out fires everywhere, all the time rather than deliver the items efficiently and effectively.


Thus, plan for it though allow room for hiccups and even “surprises”, at least we are ready for it!


This year I like to focus on 3 areas in my life:

1.       Family

2.       Career

3.       Personal

Let’s start by looking back at significant events/milestones:

Family

Welcoming new member ZS into our family has indeed brings on much joy to every one of us. It also brings about lots of other changes to adjust to. Overall it has been manageable thanks to DH who happened to be able to have lesser night working. To the older siblings who have learnt to be more independent and even helped out in household chores.


Career

Though I’ve been given opportunities to take on more/extra work, etc. Sense of fulfilment, satisfaction, appreciation is missing out. Or am I the only one to find it harder to find work-life-balance. It’s a fact that simply non-existent or lacking in Malaysia job market/employer.  


Personal

Learning to DIY more and it’s part of my personal growth too. Learning to manage finances and learn new skills. Experimenting..I’ve even tried cutting my own hair haha.

.

Lessons learnt:

I used to set myself into situation whereby I have more balls than this to juggle on daily basis which is making myself close to burn-out and stressed-out and make me a rather “fiery” mom which I really detest! This year, it’s time to refocus…realign back to keep my balance and keeps it going in a healthier and happier way!


Now let’s move on to looking ahead:

Family

I hope to create a more fun, loving and adventurous vibes at home. May I vow here that I will STOP raising my voice except it’s for singing/reading aloud? :P


Career

I want to pick up skills which can allow me to work anywhere in the world (including working from home). Any industry, any fields, and any skills I am willing to pick up. Have to imagine myself stepping into new territory, and have to grab any chance come to my way.


Personal

I hope to resume some exercise activities, yoga, etc whichever possible on a daily basis. I like to regain my vitality, strength, cheerfulness and happiness by taking good care of myself and also make time for my own personal development, hobbies doing things I wanted to try doing such as:

1.       Baking

2.       Trying new recipes

3.       Travelling

4.       Writing

5.       Reading

6.       Singing

7.       Emceeing?

8.       PR?

9.       Translating

10.   Volunteer by giving training/talks?

Just some of the random ideas that came into my mind right now…

 

Will do a monthly reflection and planning from now on :D

 

What are the significant milestones or events happening in your life now?

No comments: