Ever since it was announced on TV last week that water rationing will start at parts of Selangor areas, my kids have been constantly asking me when it'll happened and what if it happens?
As for me, after running back to back twice to Pediatrician for baby's phlegm, cough and wheezing, I have yet to find time to store some water (or even buy a big bucket for it!)
Then on Sat morning, I just tried to fill up whatever pots I have in the kitchen with water so that at least the kids still have water to bring to school..drinking water, for brushing teeth, etc.
Then on Sat evening, hubby finally has time to bring us to do some shopping and we also bought some disposable bowls just in case.
We hope this dry spell will go off soon and the precious commodity (a.k.a. water will resumed back to sufficient level) and we all could all learn how to be more cautious in using this precious commodity.
I also took this chance to educate the children on how to use the water sparingly and carefully and they've been helping mommy to stock up some water too..otherwise we'll need to dry-clean ourselves for few days..
What are the things affected when household are without water? I think many people would have affected and thought about it too. For household with kids it's even more inconvenient.
Think water for:
- drinking (think water bottles for 4 adults!)
- making milk (clean boiled+ cool water)
- washing milk bottles (think those still-expressing moms..and the bottles & pumps accessories to wash)
- brushing teeth & face - wipe & gargle?
- cooking (as many would be wary to eat out where the eateries are affected by water rationing too)
- washing dishes (if we get to cook, for my family, we have to..for 4 of us at least 2 meals we packed to school/work)
- washing laundry _ we might able to bring to dobi shop but for how long, I wouldn't bring baby's clothes there though as it'll certainly be mixed with other adult garments..like you know...undergarments, etc!
- shower - kids sweat a lot at school plus the hot weather; i have standby some wet wipes just in case
- clean our hands after cleaning poo poo - a MUST!
- flushing toilet - can use recycle water
- washing cars - can't delay a bit
- what else can you think of?
Inconvenient it is...but also a lessons for us all on how to really be prudent in using precious commodities like water, energy, etc.
Let's learn from it so that God does not need to send another "lessons" to be learnt to us all!