I think it's pretty good to "store" my packing list here as it serves as a good reference for others and myself!
Here are what I packed (for a family of 5, including a one year old baby) for 4 days, with no worries of luggage weight. Of course as our family grows, I might let the older kids take their own hand-carry, that would definitely save on luggage weight expenses!
Note: For Beach trips.
- pyjamas (2 sets)
- Changing attires (4 sets) - include singlets for the sunny weather, long pants, short pants, light-clothing
- First aid kit and fever med, medical cards
- Cash, credit card, emergency contact numbers
- Boarding pass and itinerary
- Phone charger (travel charger if travelled by car there)
- Thermal flask
- Water bottles (least you can buy there, i brought one to store cold-boiled water for baby)
- Diapers (oh yes, they do take up some space!)
- Phone (as camera & GPS if come with DATA PLAN)
- Spare Cutleries
- Mykad & Mykid (for domestic travel for Malaysian, the custom officers will check on there. Also to get Malaysian price for entrance fee!)
- Sweater (for night-time, rainy season and mountain/cable car trip)
- Sand toys
- Picnic cloth/spread
- Plastic bags/Laundry bags
- Milo/cereal (especially for bf mommies who can get hungry all the time!)
- Folding Umbrella, raincoat
- Bib, baby cereals, baby cutleries, changing pad, wet tissues
- Sweets/bottles with straws (to suck on during landing and take off to reduce the discomfort during air travel due to the air pressure)
- Baby carrier/stroller and waist bag
Anything I missed out?
Hope this will be of good use soon in my our next travelling adventures as a family!
Note: Check out travelling to Langkawi for a Vegetarian over at my another blog here.