Friday, April 3, 2009

Diamonds are Women’s Best Friend? Or was it so for all women?

My DH did got me a diamond ring (simple and not elaborated stone) as our wedding ring, but we hardly wear it since his job and mine(housewife work dat is..not my daytime work..hehe) might ruin the stone.

 

Actually I am not a jewelry type of woman…i.e. I don’t wear much on myself (not even a watch!) both for security and convenient sake. Though I do fancy some simple and nice pearls for both necklace and earrings….for some special occasions.

 

Today I read about those craftsmen( read here at TheStar online) who polished those diamonds and stones…get lung cancer really stuck me!

 

Has our love for gemstones causes a rather negative side-effects on these people whose company did not take extra steps to protect their staff? Even though they are doing it for their livelihood…and when we purchase we are actually contributing to the economy and their livelihood..but should we boycott those companies who doesn’t care for their staff’s health?

 

Hmm..should think twice what kinda effect our action might caused to people or living things on the other side of the world…don’t we?

 

Cheers to all….contemplation for the day!

 

 

1 comment:

I am Harriet said...

Hi.
Stopping by via SITS to say hello!
I like diamonds :)

Have a great weekend!