Friday, April 3, 2009

Fried Rice in 6mins?

This morning, my son woke up at 5am and refused to sleep until almost 7am. And when he finally sleep, I was thinking better get some sleep myself before waking up to prepare breakfast and lunch for myself and DH.

Ever since I had my tooth extraction on Tue, I counted my DH has been eating noodles for more than 4 meals (minus the supper…not sure how much noodles he made during one of his usual supper)…felt really bad….

So last night I have pre-cooked a pot of rice for either lunch for today or dinner tonight depends whether I managed to get up on time to prepare the lunch in the morning rush hour…..paiseh.. :P

So when my son finally woke up up at 7.30am..phew..i quickly carry him to his playpen…then cut some pear and put it into his feeder net (Munchkin - Fresh Food feeder) then off I went to chop some vege ham and mushroom. After these few acts..time shows 7.42am, eiks Do I still in time to prepare the fried rice? Argghh…don’t waste time pondering…let’s get into action…off I went to fried the rice I have pre-cooked while my DH helped to prepare our breakfast, bread with kaya spread while entertaining our screaming son who has finished his yummy pear.

Voila, guess how much time I have used to cook the fried rice? 6 minutes…wow..what  a record(for me that is..haha)! So I guess I can imagine if rice and side ingredients are prepare in advance we can always cook up a meal- fried rice in less than 10mins …not too bad right? I bet the hawker stall owner/chef in the restaurant can do much better job than me..but well to me is not too bad since my record time for a meal (dinner or lunch) is within 30mins (noodle soup would be within 20mins). So most of the time, what’s for dinner dear? The answer would generally depends on how much time we have versus how hungry is OUR stomach after coming back from work and fetching children which average about 7pm+.

So to my DH, sorry for those noodle meals…hope that my tooth and gum recover soon(still swelling now)…and I be up and running mom cum wife as usual again. When? How about tonight "toothy and gummy" plz.....ok?

Cheers!

No comments: