Saturday, April 18, 2009

Heinz ABC Pasta Meal

Last weekend I was trying out a special recipe of Heinz ABC Pasta bought @ Carrefour(see pic below) plus the soup made from organic beet root.





 

 


And I have an assistant cum tester for the day:





 

 


 

I cooked the pasta in the beet root soup I have simmered for more than 1 hr. 

Other ingredients added are:

Baby kelps

Spinach (popeye vege)

Abalone mushroom

 

All chopped finely.

 

Another tester would be my 9mth old son….blended of course….

So how’s the outcome?


 






First,


 

Enjoying the pasta at first bite J

 

 



Next,


I guess the beet root doesn’t suit her taste (she has acquired her taste for yummy tasty tongue-enhancing flavour from her dad)

 

Then she opt to drink her 100 plus (yup one of her favourite after yakult, vitagen, milo…etc) to flush down the taste of the beet root I guess.

 




Then she preferred her other food as her lunch for the day (instead of the pasta) which is….curry cracker(see left)

Which I felt rather bad…coz the fact of trying to make a healthy meal for her with organic beet root as soup base.

 





So I tried to tempt her to eat this along…Adventist 7-Grains Sprouted Bread(see their site herebread I bougth from the organic shop and spreaded with kaya spread from her grandma.

 Yeah…she likes it…at least something filling and nutritious other than that CURRY flavour cracker (which I bought for her dad).

 

Kids…oh kids…it really does takes two (me n her dad) to tango and build a foundation of healthier taste bud for them rite…

 

Cheers!

2 comments:

Josephine said...

ur kids very hang fook.
Always get the chance the try out new combination of food!

alohamolly said...

hehe..my guinea pigs :P