Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Love for Nursing Wear

My first encounter with a nursing wear is one month after delivering my first baby. After my confinement, DH and I got a 3 hrs off (my in-law offered to babysit for us) and we went shopping for some additional essential baby stuff at Kiddyplace located in Cheras Leisure Mall.

My first sight of nursing wear are two lovely black and turquoise green blouse (I bought two of the same design) and now they looked bit worn out as I’ve been using them for more than one year! They’ve been like my "uniform" everywhere for that whole one year of nursing life…everywhere I went with my daughter, shopping, dinner function, you named it!.

Another not-that-frequently-worn nursing wear I have is an office-like striped blouse. The striped blouse was not that easily accessible for breastfeeding (BF) with zip(which I don't quite fancy because it might hurt the baby if I am not careful), thus I only used it once and it’s been hanging in my closet ever since.

Then as I started to shopping online more often after having my baby (nope can't always leave baby with in-law as she's been taking another grandchild during the weekdays and Saturday as well...Sunday being her only Off day). As I researched and does my "ONLINE" window-shopping on nursing and baby stuff, along the way,  I bought another two nursing wear (haha..both as a "need" as well as a way to encourage myself in breastfeeding mission). 

One was a very comfortable shirt(am still using it for my second nursing journey simply because it is just so comfy) which was priced at RM12 during a warehouse sale and another one is a white spaghetti strap which was used extensively with my other non-nursing attire (this is a must have and a good buy because you can pair it up with normal attire and even use it later after your nursing journey ends..). 

And I also got another two nursing tube (black and cream white) which I used it along with my other attire as well…very very stylish and useful for BF. Easy to flip no strap or buckle or button to detach.


Then this year, I added to my collection another two sleeping bra(whoot), one orange collar shirt nursing wear(see picture on the left), another Chinese New Year like blouse (you may view it at the online shop which sells it here)…altogether how many attires I’ve got I think more than six! :P

I simply love the ease of wearing nice-looking and easy to nurse nursing wear. I am also crazy at scouting for affordable and stylish nursing wear designs.

Talking about my dream nursing wear, below are the sketches I made which is something I have in mind in terms of practical, useful, comfortable and wearable nursing attire for all occasion. 

Ta dah...may I present "My Dream Nursing Wear" design of the year 2009!

Theme - practical, stylish, wearable, baby-friendly(made from cotton) and long lasting for all-occcasion!(haha..just for fun of it!)

This is a nursing spaghetti strap which can be used along with a blouse with such zig-zag flapped design which can easily flip over to access the inner side which is the nursing spaghetti strap.


Note: Most of the nursing wear I mentioned can be found from one of those online shops which sells nursing wear listed under in my blog(see under USEFUL MOTHER & BABY ONLINE STORES).  

2 comments:

Mommy Lyna said...

hi mama Molly,

Tq for the entry!

very good idea huh.can be mixed and matched with apa2 je outfit kat luar tu.

great sketch btw. at first glance i tot it was drew by a tukang jahit!

alohamolly said...

Thanks Mommy Lyna :) I am a no. 1 fan of nursing wear as it helped a lot in nursing-on-the-go act!

Haha..cheers & may I have a good chance in your contest!