Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Discovery

Recently, after my dental surgery, during a conversion with my DH and my mother-in-law over a teabreak, I made a new discovery! Over the past few years of friendship, courtship and marriage, I have never realized that my DH actually has a false tooth. I don’t mean having a false tooth is a crime BUT well not around my circle of friends at least which I have come across generation our age getting false tooth done at such a young age. My DH had it done quite in his early twenties…and in fact my sister-in-law too….some people have it done after accident which causes tooth damage etc.

 

Actually, this new discovery makes me wondering, what other things I have yet to discover in my DH. Out of curiosity and mischief, I asked, “ So what other things I do not know about you dear?”….[silence…no reply from DH]….and I continued, “{grinning mischievously} So what other parts are “FAKE”?”. To which my DH answered quite quickly…”ALL!”.

 

“Huh????” Some people might asked…but I got what my DH meant. Actually to many of us, we felt that our body are something impermanent compared to our spiritual self or some people called it as our soul. It is merely a vehicle that helps me to learn and discover our real self in this journey called “life”….

 

So thus far, how much have I learnt and discovered in this journey? Not a lot especially if we just let days passed as it is without much contemplation or pondering about what is life all about and whether what we are doing daily align to our true vision/mission and aims in life…Talking the “Purpose in life…”

 

Well…let us embark in this journey of discovery together and may we make this life a meaningful and fruitful one!

 

Cheers!

1 comment:

Josephine said...

my mom and my sis has 'fake' tooth too