Saturday, May 9, 2009

Frugality vs. Miserliness

While we are doing all we can to save and be thrifty as much as we can, do we or do we not sometimes falls into miserliness?

 

I am pondering on this issue as once I see my horoscope warning me to step into miserliness…

 

Compared to my DH, he is a far generous person than I am. Being brought up in a family whereby we have to save and be independent (I am cooking for my family from 15 yrs old onwards and starting frying egg at 9) makes me a tougher person when it comes to being parted with my dollar I guess. 

 

So, how to achieve a balance I wonder…hmm..being frugal is fun but being a miser is definitely not the way I would want to be…(my DH would shun me I think!)..

 

So guys how do you all keep a balance between spending and saving? Care to share?

 

Hear from you..

 

Cheers!

2 comments:

Josephine said...

I am very kiamsiap...
Can a kiamsiap ppl save more?

alohamolly said...

kiamsiap..hmm..save more or not i not sure..hehe..i try to be prudent instead of kiamsiap(which I am ..dat how this blog title came about) :P