Thursday, May 7, 2009

How long it takes for anger to “simmer” down?

As I am writing this, I have just blowed off the fire in my heart, brain, and mind.

 

And how long does it takes for this “FIRE” to simmer down? 1 hr 30 minutes! That is how long it takes for a full-blown fire of mine to be extinguished…I hope I can fare better the next round (not that I hope to be getting angry all the time!)  

 

But sometimes, this kinda of fire happens and if we manage to handle it cool-ly , it does help to build our temperament and overall ..erm should I term it as character?

 

I have failed to simmer down before …and the outcome was very disastrous, as before the fire was put off, before this, I would lambasted someone or something to cool off or to express my anger. The result, a ruined or “injured” relationship or stuff…..

 

How you all do to contain that FIRE that arise, and what ways have you all taken to extinguish it before you take the “regretful” action…

 

What I did today was just stopped any other action (which includes any communication or direct contact with anyone or anything….and that includes e-mail/sms!) so that I won’t do anything which I would regret later…

 

Then I went somewhere for a walk, (a walk in the nature would be good else at shopping centre (without spending that is…don’t ever spend or swipe your card when you are in bad mood..that is what I would not do…coz I will tend to spend unnecessarily …which like drug addict symdrome…temporary relief……I might feel better for awhile but not for long after I incur card debts!!!)

 

Next I do some stretching exercise and did the old yet useful advice by almost all practitioner of stress-reducing experts….TAKE A DEEP BREATH…..so the pre-birth/delivery preparation does helps even after we delivered our babies….it REALLY helps to cool me down a lot!

 

And now at least I can start to think clearly and level-headedness on what is the root cause of the start of the FIRE and what I can do on my part(since we can never expect others to change and we will bring only more fire if we were to concentrate on what others did wrongly….) to improve the situation and to prevent future re-occurrence.

 

So alas, I learnt from this FIRE incident.

 

Folks..do you ever have such FIRE incident? How have you reacted? What have you learnt?

 

 

Care to share? Hear from you all..

 

Cheers for the day!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey bang, found out about your blog!

the last time i got really angry was a few months back + it was very tempting to let it control your actions.

instead, i controlled my tongue, went into my room, sat down and started 'observing' my emotion + the effects it has physically one me. at first, there were a lot of negative thoughts flaming the emotion, but it slowly disappeared as i become more aware of my thoughts and cease clinging to these thoughts. i did not try to control + suppress the anger - but rather allowed it to rise, plateau + eventually it dissipated. THen it was time to think and reassessed the situation.

alohamolly said...

wow..Laine this looks like a psychologist way...no wonder u study medicine..BRAVO!