Friday, May 15, 2009

How to get DH to work together with me to educate kids?

Recent morning..I was as usual in a hurry ..trying to get ready my stuff, DH stuff and my kids….then suddenly I heard my DH reprimanding or hmm..gently commenting KY for wetting bed consecutively for two days…

My DH has been asking her to wear diapers, while babysitter and myself been trying our best to toilet train her.

So far, she’s been ok..it’s been months since she last had such wetting incident..I guess probably cos lately we been sleeping in air-cond room plus the weather been cold lately after a series of hot, humid weather of course…..

It’s rather sad or disheartening that my DH actually asked her to wear diapers again instead of finding ways to help her to get adjusted…(seriously..I really feel sad and not angry..) I know what his concern is the mattress getting soiled and wet(that morning he has been spraying GENEROUS amount of frebreeze on the mattress)!

Did I blog about the last time KY wrote on the wall..DH was so mad that he beaten her….and reprimanded me for letting her write and getting her stationeries ( I have wanted to let her enjoy the world of scribbling and writing..but to my dismay she drew on the wall when I was away at work and our caregiver(my dad) went to toilet)

So he banned KY from using pen, pencils, crayons (I bought her non-toxic crayolas…sniff sniff..missing now..wonder has DH threw them away after that wall writing incident..sad…)

As I am writing this, pls. do not misunderstand folks..I am not saying DH is a mean guy BUT I know he is very concerned about tidiness, cleanliness and not to mention preservation of our home, appliances and furniture…it’s not the first time he got upset when such incidents or accidents..and as always I always the so-called culprit…haih…

Maybe guys or daddys out there can give me some clue….what I can do make my intention a safe method..what I am trying to do is only/merely to exposed KY to the activities that she should/ likes to pick up at different stages of her age….

This morning I am at fault also when KY happily greeted me, “Mommy, good morning!”, and my first reply to her is not good morning but “ KY, u wetted ur bed again today?”. I realized I was trying to teach her so that DH get less angry or at least I wanna fill up her what’s missing when DH trying to just make her wear diapers instead of coaching/toilet-training her.

Honestly, I should have give her a hug and morning kiss first before starting to coach her….but cheer up mommy Molly…this lesson is well-learnt! I will be strong and hold to the way I would coach my kids..with love and adventures…not rigid rules….

Anyhow, I never expect a tidy and glossy home when we have kids..I just hope for a clean and safe house to crawl and adventure about....which is why my home has less glasses and my sofa is washable(get what I mean..btw I have washed my sofa cover four times this year itself...why? Well..accidents happened...when u less/half-expected it ;)


Cheers for the day!

Any

No comments: