Sunday, March 21, 2010

Why you should not cook when you are not feeling well

Hi folks!

Last week, after recovering from Gingivitis, I was trying to prepare breakfast and lunch (packed lunch from home for DH and me), but the lunch and breakfast turned out "yucky". The lunch meal was too salty and the breakfast is tasteless…why? Because I think my taste buds and brain are still being "drugged", thus I am not able to make proper decision on how much salt I need to add….DISASTROUS meals…huhu

 

So next time when I am recovering from any sickness, better stick to cuppa noodles or outside takeaway meals..for safety measures.

 

Plus, if you are recovering from any diarrhea or vomiting spells, I feel it is even more important not to cook but to stick to take- away or if you are lucky get someone else to take over the "chef" task for the day. This is to avoid spreading the germs to your family…

 

Hope I stay well and sober throughout the days in 2010!

 

Cheers!

4 comments:

transformed housewife said...

take care Molly. unfortunately for me here, I can't take leave from cooking as it's hard for us to buy Halal Takeaway in HAmilton, NZ. well, there are only halal fast food take aways which we don't really favour.

Fairus Basir from The Juggling Queen said...

really, i have to admit it. everytime i am sick, the meal turned out DISASTROUS! anyway, take care, have a good rest.

Anonymous said...

poor u...

for me, its kinda hard to get halal food tapau in melb that doesn't make a hole in my purse..so i got no choice but to cook (even if the smell of the cooking would make me nauseous).

usually i will cook simple food & let my hubby put in the salt or i cook with lil salt & serve the meal with soy sauce bottle on the table. :D

cre8tone said...

Take good care ya!~