Monday, March 22, 2010

Tagged

Hi folks,

This entry is written (voluntary tagged with a blogger friend's entry here)..haha…saje nak jot down and reflect against some interesting moments in life..haha…
1.       Where and when did you first meet your hubby?

At a youth camp when I was 16. He was my youth group facilitator/leader. Nope, we did not get started then….only after I started working 7 years later did we start :)

  
2. Love at first sight?

Not exactly as coming from an All-Girls' school, I am tad bit shy with guys to be honest.

 
3. Who is he when the first time you met him?

He is a passionate and young youth group facilitator at a summer camp I attended.

       

4. How long did he take to ask you out?

Hmm, 7 years later when I am 23? 
 

5. First place dating?

If I can recall, we often meet with a bunch of friends to discuss about youth camp preparation (later on when i joined them as facilitators). Hardly call a date then since it is full of more than 10 other people.
A proper first place of dating would be at movie cinema(to call it a proper date, since DH is a cinema and movie fan!
 

6. How did he proposed?

No formal proposal but we just sort of decided that "it's time". That is why my friends(cum bride maids/ladies in honor) made him kneel down to "sort of" properly proposed to me on our wedding day.

 

7. Special dates with your hubby?

I think we both love "servicing/entertaining/travelling", DH love entertaining guest and I used to be the "interpreter"(English translation) amongst my group. Thus, those trips bringing overseas friends around Singapore, Cameron, food hunting around Klang Valley are some good happy memories for us! 
So are those trips we made while scouting places for organising youth camps and those late night supper we used to had as DH often works quite late that we got no time to date during the week days. So very often it's a late night snack at his favourite mamak stall(vegetarian one of course!)

  

8. Changes that he asked you to do?

i. More "taste-ty" dishes as my cooking can be quite "blanch/tasteless" to him who are used to "outside" food whereas I prefer organic and "plain/natural taste" food with less seasonings especially when I cook for the kids as well.
(In progress and in experiment using more natural seasonings like herbs etc)
ii. Improve my verbal and written communication skills in transmitting messages/communication as DH felt at times, my messages was not "complete" and often leaves people "wondering" or get wrong impression or wrong assumption :P
Especially when to be honest, being an English-ed, when I convey in Chinese, my brain often translate the term from Eng-Chinese, thus at times, the words are not used in proper way as it should be...or slow in reaction..this I am slowly improving..it's been working that way for years...I wonder is that how it work for others? I.e. message gotta be translated from the Stronger language to the Spoken ones as required by the listener.
(Note: Sorry guys if I also made you feel the same while reading my blog entries...all I can say...I am improving it...slowly being a natural daydreamer I am.. :P this part takes a little bit more effort!)
iii. Leave my hair grow long as DH said it suits my face better
(DONE..after 4 years of refusal when busy with young babies and my own preference for easy-to-manage short hair)...finally I am now with longer than shoulder-length hair.

 9. What's about him that you love so much?

 His generosity and big-hearted and his openness and global-mindedness to accept and embrace new and effective ideas!
In short, not "kolot" or narrow-minded(guys out there, these are some vital plus points that all women looking for I believe....correct ladies! :D)
 

 10. What's abt him you wish he would change?

i. Take care of his health more by adopting healthier(less seasoning) diet as well as take time to exercise and rest.
ii. Have patience to listen to others while still maintaining his usual confidence and "leadership" way.
This can be rather contradicting, even though I hated it when DH simply shoo my ideas/message off. But most of the time, his decision/ideas are often the more practical and right way :P but we women loves to be heard and respected, aren't we :P
 

11. You will lose your mind and crack your head when he....

 Got angry/impatient.
It can be scary! Vocano eruption!

  

12. You will smile through your eyes for the whole day when he.....

 Send any lovey-dovey sms or buy me a surprise gift for birthday, Valentine's day or remembering our important dates.
Why? As he hardly recall those dates(without me the wife cum secretary reminds him in a direct or indirect(add in his iphone calendar with alert beep) and he is not a romantic type would be "touchy" or "lovey" to send lovey sms or the "softie" who would say sorry first or at least saying sorry to make the wife feels better(no matter who is at wrong) being the macho guy he is...
So when he does these..it makes me smile and "touch"..see..so easy to "tam"/win your wife back!
 

 13. Complete the sentence below.

 My love towards my hubby is as big as the love I have for my kids and my life. They are my priorities as always...at every small and big decision I make in life ever since they stepped into my life.

 -The END for now...let's see what other extension we can have from this tag-
 
If anyone of you out there who are interested to share and do this tag(on voluntary basis), please do leave your comment here and if possible to link back to the original blog whom you find inspiration to do so...so as to let the reader has a better idea and linkages ;)

 
Thanks for reading and I enjoy sharing this too..thanks to temphouse_wife who share this tag!
 
Cheers!