Saturday, April 24, 2010

Is Your Partner Your Blogging Ally?

Hi folks!
As we tread on the road of blogging, we do face some challenges whether is internal or external.
Internally, it can be we run out of ideas of enthusiasm to blog.
Externally, we may have challenges like insufficient time to blog, network connection issue or even our family members or close friends who never stop criticizing our blog or do not give approval or much needed support in our blogging activities.
To progress to a pro-blogger or for some full-time blogger, we may need to attend some campaign activities etc. depending on the nature of our blog. For e.g., if we are a food blogger, perhaps we might need to travel around to capture and taste different types of food at different places in order to produce our blog post.
Now, here comes the question for parent bloggers who are fast making their presence felt here in cyber space, i.e., " Is your "partner" your Blogging ally?
Partner here can be your husband or wife, your business venture partner (such as those who are providing photography services, gift baskets, etc), or even your children (in this case, for parent bloggers in particular! ).
Now, there are famous bloggers like the Redmummy who always have the full support of her husband a.k.a. the Red Daddy. And Kak Ros from Mombloggersplanet whose daughter is her most famous model in her photography services blog as well as her own personal parenting journey blog.
So how about you? Does your partner support you on your blogging journey? Is their support important to you?
I personally feel that as a parent blogger, having the support of our partner (i.e. husband or wife) is extremely important.
Take for example, when we have the chance to be invited for any parent blogger or blogger event, we do need our partner's support to attend with us (sometimes) or even babysit the kids while we have the chance to attend those events which I find it so crucial for networking and socializing amongst bloggers.
So, how do you gather the support from your "partner" to be your ally?
For myself, I try to share what I learnt daily from blog sphere (yep, acting like a news reporter here) and what's going on for the blogging scene now and of course not to forget to share to his circle of friends on articles which they are interested to find out like parenting and childcare. That surely helps to arouse my partner (in this case my husband) to my blog and to my blogging "endeavor". So slowly, these effort helps to gather approval and support to go on my blogging-related trips and fun!
How about you folks? Care to share your tips?
Love to hear from you all!

Cheers!
Note: This article is published in Mombloggersplanet.com as part of my monthly contribution at their column ;)

3 comments:

MieVee @ MummysReviews.com said...

My husband is very supportive and we are turning the blog into one of our business platforms. I also update him on important ideas from blogger friends and he sees the value.

As I do diaper reviews as well, my boy needs to cooperate by being my diaper model. Strip off his clothes and chase after him with a camera. Ha! :)

Merryn said...

oh... yes! definitely i need full support of my hubs! he tags along to every event i go! he'll take leave even! :D I'm lucky i have such a supportive hubs... without him.. submerryn is NOTHING :D

alohamolly said...

U sure got great Hubby there Merryn!