Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Month of May Pledge to dear DH

Hi folks!

Now, month of May is such an appreciation month ya..and not only for Mother in my case but also to my DH whose birthday falls on May 29.

On this month, I like to pledge to be a better wife and companion to my DH.

Ever since we are married with kids, I think DH makes big change in terms of his lifestyle, habits and priorities in life (just like we women do when we have kids)

Before DH got married, he is such a carefree young lad who is really into gadgets (he is like that now too), but guess he thinks more on budgeting now.

When we registered at Buddhist Maha Vihara almost 4 1/2 years back, we receive two booklets (one in Chinese/Malay..wait I cannot recall 'cos I only read the other one in English hehe) on How to Sustain a Happy Marriage or something like that..haha..read it then and forget the title but can only remember the list of things that a wife should do. Very traditional values yet very practical and good ones indeed! It makes such a deep impression on me that I can still remember it now in my daily practice.

Things as simple as keeping the house in tidy, keeping kids clean and in order and ready to receive the dad after husband is back from work. I feel there's nothing undermining for women to practice in any sense. It's simply action of respect and love.

And I need to do more. I remember I also made a pledge during my marriage vow which is to support his endeavours and let him have a peace of mind to pursue his aspiration or responsibilities.

This one I am still lacking as having two young kids, I often need another pair of hand to help. But now as the kids grow older, I can slowly able to handle them on my own when DH needs to be away to do his "mission" in life…so to speak…

So yes, I will like to be a better support team and cheerleader and companion to my DH.

This should be a good gift for him. (especially I got no budget to get him his expensive gadgets :P yet..haha..so let me do it in other ways..to pamper him haha..)

 

Cheers and Happy Birthday in advance to my dear DH!

No comments: