Monday, May 10, 2010

Scheduled Me Time for Mommy

Hi folks,

How many of us keep a To Do List? And how many of us put Me time as one of a scheduled task to do for the day?

Being a full-time working mom of two young children, I find it so crucial to have a Me time, even just for 10 minutes.

During the weekdays, my most cherished Me time that I have set with my hubby is a 15 minutes shower time away from kids for myself. The warm shower will really wash away the tiredness of a long day.
During the weekend, I will also try to schedule some ME time to do some reading, travelling, shopping (retail therapy).
I think frequent and timely ME time helps to retain our SANITY as a supermom. As more often than not, we find moms, once we reached home, there are endless chores we start to do, instead of just unwind like our hubby do :P which many find it annoying, such as reading newspaper, watching news/football games, watching DVDs, playing games, etc. I find guys will normally do all these first before anything else like throwing rubbish (most of the time, the women need to remind them :P on this single chore they are assigned...well I am suggesting this as an example, guys out there, pls. don't get offended ya).
I for one, have understood the reason behind. We do need some Me time or unwind process. And guys really practice this. Maybe that is the reason their temperament is much better compared to ladies? Less nagging perhaps? :P
Anyhow, I have stopped getting upset when I am busy tidying up and completing my household chore for the day and seeing my hubby is relaxing away. Why? 'Cos I understand how important the "unwinding" process is to him and how important Me time is to us, ladies. Furthermore it is our mother nature to choose chores over Me time, so there's no reason getting upset over it. It is Our Choice.
So now, are we gamed to make the choice to allocate some Me time in our daily schedule? Yes, we should!
So, let's do it!
Cheers to a happier mommy and jovial wife!
 
This article was published in Mombloggersplanet.com as part of my monthly contribution to their column :)

1 comment:

Miss Cheah said...

Hi,
Nice blog you got there

Li Na