Sunday, September 11, 2011

Marriage Life: On the eve of 6th Anniversary

Hi folks!


Today is the eve of my 6th anniversary with DH.


And I am currently typing this at the home of my in-laws very early in the morning while accompanying my son on playing on the train sets.


While I think of any special things to get for DH or some special things we could do to commemorate this special day(well at least I like to think it as special..hehe...), I can't help thinking about our marriage at the initial phase.


When we got married, our house CF is delayed, so we stay together with my in-laws for the first year of marriage.


And, I personally think it is a great thing to do as being new member of their family, you get to learn their habits and rituals. And you learnt more intimate things about your DH which you might not discovered, from you mil herself..haha...


Anyhow, this post I suddenly thought of the first encounter I faced of "having different opinion" & choices.


For chinese, when we got married, the lady's side need to get the wedding room decorated. This includes getting the wedding bedsheets and stuff. So, clueless where to get those wedding bed sheet plus not wanting to get those very traditional all fierce red type :P I went to a more modern retail shop selling all types of bed sheet. So, I got myself and purple and pink one as I couldn't find any red one....


When I brought the bed sheet, my mil face shows disapproval, then added...do you know,
"PINK meant for mistress or "small" wife?"


Eiks...not that I know, I simply love the colors and wedding theme in the prints.


So that night my mil brought DH & I to Jusco to select another set...that set is in cream white color with small pink petals at the lace side...wow..(never did I know RED is not a compulsory, at least for my mil and cream white is an acceptable color...gee..I would be able to spend less time should I knew it..hehe..)
So, mil chose one creamy white and 100% cotton set for us and we are still using it...and the quality is the BEST amongst all we got over the years.


So, I must say for certain decision, mil knows BEST!


So, here's if first recollection of marriage life..will share more as my mind sets in to think more on marriage life!


Ciao...and Cheers!


Have a lovely day marriage and couple or single folks!


Good Weekend to all and Have a good start of the day with a GREAT SMILE!

2 comments:

Chinneeq said...

Congratulations to you and your hub. Wow...i din know that pink meant for mistress eh...good to know now, hahaha!!!

alohamolly said...

Yea... :) Chinnee ..learnt something new too :)