Today is the extreme juggling day for most parents in Malaysia whose kids are starting their school term. Especially for those whose child are starting primary 1.
I have been mentally and literally preparing bits and pieces of items to make it a smooth start.
Thank God, this morning, it still went on smoothly, with minimal hiccups..hopefully this evening I will check on with KY and see if there's anything mommy or her missing out....
I find it real useful to have the following ready at hand:
- Enough stationeries to go round
- Enough bottles to go round
- Printed names and labelling to just stick on anything required (food container, water bottle, bag, books, etc) to save time writing by hands...thanks to DH!
- Stock up enough food and snacks to pack
- Stock up enough containers, ziplock bags etc.
- Bought enough uniforms, undergarments(opps..i need to get more of those small pants)
- Ready the bags with the basics (stationery, water bottles, etc) at least a day ahead.
- Ready enough labelled towels, shoes, socks around.
- Steamed a pot of rice, soup and hard-boiled egg the night before for our breakfast, lunch etc.(for whole family)
- What else....mommies..or daddies, perhaps you could share with me your list and tips :)
Phew...and may I say get ready anything you need, but still wake up early enough to make it a SMOOTH first day to school and for me, to work :) Thanks to Shone who woke me up before my alarm rings ;)
Now, the next thing i have to get a school bag (KY's bag wasn't working properly on first day...any suggestions mommy..which brand and where can i get?) and those small pants for the little girls who are more used to open leg widely ....(this is a tip given by an experienced mommy...which no wonder i saw them selling those pants at Tesco...time to stock up more..)
Notice that I mentioned stock-up quite a number of time...as being a full-time working mom, I do feel safer to stock things up since I don't have the luxury of time to dash out to get things anytime i wished...couple with the impending coming month which I might be confined at home(May 2013). Wiser to get things prepared well ahead...things which I know will certainly be "used" of course..so that no wastage caused ;)
Hehe..coupled with few knick-knacks i bought at Daiso yesterday to make lunch-packing a bit more fun and hopefully the person who eats it will enjoy it more..will share more of the items I got ;)
Have a great start, and blessed days ahead folks!