Friday, March 29, 2013

A second bad experience with online deal

Hi folks!

The special online deals are so prevalent these days. More and more such companies are mushrooming. Some even sent offers to my mailbox without me signing up(really wonder how they get my details!!).

Thus far I only feel comfortable shopping with one of the company which seems responsive enough. However, that is not the same with the deals they are promoting!!

This is the second time I am experiencing such disappointment with Groupon deal that I will NOT purchase anymore such deal with any them or other site.

First case is with air-cond service. Second time is with house cleaning service. Both are not only not giving any confirmation, not returning calls and then last minute(the day before my appointment) said they can't make it. Do they know we had to specially make that slot of time free for the cleaning.

So utterly disappointment. One word of advice, don't waste your money, time and effort on such deals ..n end up in frustration..especially when we have paid the money yet not getting our service as promised. They either can't cater to the amount of clients they get or taking it easy since money is IN.

No next time...for me...

Sent from my iPhone