Monday, March 11, 2013

Fuss-Free Sushi Lunch pack

Hi folks!

Last weekend, my gal had replacement class for the extra Chinese New Year holiday. Thus, i haven't got much time to go marketing.

So today i made sushi as it's the ingredients are readily available at home. 

We only need very little ingredients for this kids-proof dish ;)
Ingredients:
  1. Rice (I usually use sushi rice but run out of stock so made use of the normal Jasmine fragrant rice..as sticky too ;D)
  2. Zucchini/cucumber
  3. Eggs
  4. Salt to taste
  5. Soy sauce to dip
  6. Seaweed
  7. Pumpkin floss(optional)
I cooked the rice(add bit of salt and when cool add bit of brown rice vinegar) the night before, so am all ready to roll the sushi in the morning after frying the eggs (add some pepper, pinch of sugar and soy sauce to taste) and cutting the zucchini.

Then i would just spread the rice on top of the seaweed, place the cucumber, eggs slices and sprinkle the pumpkin floss. And roll, roll, roll. Leave it to form the shape and continue other rolls then cut them into the right sizes. SE prefer a smaller ones..so I cut it smaller for him and his sister. Then, i put the soy sauce into the small little fish-shaped container I got from Daiso for them to dip. Oh yea..if you got the wasabi tube even better ;) I forgot to put some for DH in his lunchpack today..lol..

Recently ordered the sushi roller...wait till i get it then will review and see how fast n useful it is to make my lunch-packing and sushi rolling a breeze..anything which can help me to prepare healthy lunchpack in a shorter and more enjoyable way ..i would love to try..hehe

Cheers!
(P.s.: Sorry for the blurred image..a mozzy suddenly landed on my hand while taking the picture..haih..any mozzy-repelling ways..pls. update me...the ever-dengue-sufferer phobia...)

No comments: