How is everyone getting on? Belated Selamat Hari Raya to all my friends...
Just a short update about my recent experiment of making Overnight Oats.
After seeing the leaflet and recipes of overnight oats from BMS Organics..it got me started.
One day when i happened to have all my ingredients at hands, I just went ahead and make a jar...voila...it was marvelously yummy! Taste like a mix of yogurt and ice-cream. Yummy!
The recipe from BMS has maple syrup and since I do not have..i would either put honey or during the Raya season where dates are aplenty I add dates or kurma for the sweetness!
So awfully yummy! :D U gotta try it!
Nuts and Fruits cereal
maple syrup/honey (if like it sweet)
1. Pour the rice milk to a glass jar till it fills up half of the jar.
2. Put approximately 3-4 tablespoon of oats
3. Pour in maple syrup/honey (optional).
4. Put in slices of bananas, strawberries, blueberries,chia seeds.
5. Topped with generous amounts of nuts cereals.
6. Place in fridge for 4-8 hours.
The overnight oats can be eaten approx 4 hours after soaking "yummily" in the fridge. You can also eat it after 8 hours for "richer and creamier" taste.
Feel free to add/substitute and experiment with different varieties of ingredients you like!
My friend had wanted to try adding durian(since it's in season now)..wow..how does it taste like? Must be good!
It taste like yogurt+ice-cream to me. Very yummy and convenient snacks to prepare ahead! I bet my kids will love it too!