Friday, July 9, 2021

Heartfelt from an essential service worker

Hi folks,

It's been sometime since I last posted anything here...

Ever since MCO, FMCO, EMCO...life as an essential worker is rather hectic although I cannot be more grateful to still be able to keep my job and put rice on the table for my family so to speak or able to still cari makan.

Due to my new workplace culture, wfh is not widely practiced/common, thus I still need to go to office the entire pandemic 😷 mask on entire day (except eating lunch).

For the safety of my children, I no longer dare to hug them even after taking shower. As there are reports of positive cases weekly at my workplace as well..not to mention I still go grocery shopping weekly.

No more snuggling with them at night during our routine bedtime story..I would put on a mask and on bedtime podcast instead.

Listening to the radio station while driving to work made me feel my predicament is still far from those workers in hospitals. Some of them have to stay at hostels at all times for fear of passing anything to their family members.

My son has been asking me, "Mommy, when can you stop going to work so that I can hug you?" It breaks my heart truly ....but come to the bright side, his words also encouraged me...to keep striving and never give up!

Continue to pray for the day the pandemic is over, continue to vision the day we can run free again in a better world. Continue to have hope and dreams to work on! Continue to be grateful and have nothing but gratitude 🙏 to stop whining, complaining, judging or feeling unworthy ..fearful ...

Cheers to a better world soon ...stay safe and stay well my dear friends..

No comments: