Monday, March 23, 2009

Making the most of what we have- including foodstuff and household items!

Yesterday I was replying my DH’s comment to get some disposable chopstick to place in the car (it happened when I was so hungry and wanted to eat the packed meal in the car but realized that no spoon nor chopstick was given), “Then I said…no need! We have some in the drawers dear!”

Actually this comes to my mind…something I have been wanting to do for sometime….to stock-check stuff in my house…from kitchen items, foodstuff in the fridge etc, stationeries, clothing etc…

It really pays to be organized and tidy! If only all items are noted and place properly we won’t be spending unnecessary on items we already have and forced to throw away the expired item later on or spent extra on things we already bought sometime back.

Guess this applies for relationship being well-organized (in this case “well-maintained”) would be a better term for it. If we take the time to take note of the little well-meaning thoughts and action, take heart to spare some time and thoughts for someone we care or close to us….it would really makes a difference in preventing any misunderstanding and etc.

And making the most of what we have is what I strive to do! Waste not…be creative and stay organized! So the next organizing duty would be to clear and tidy up my storeroom while pasting the list of foodstuff plus its expiry date so that we would remember to consume those bought items before heading to hypermarkets for more stuff!

 

Carpe Diem!

No comments: