Thursday, May 28, 2009

Does your Men/DH cooks?

Even though most big chef are men(you may disagree with me), but most of the household cooks are mainly women.

How many of you has a male cook at home? Personally, I have a friend whose father is not only a good cook but he renovated his kitchen to be like those hotel kitchen whereby he can cook over big fire…haha I think you guys know what I meant….compared to our conventional gas stove that most household own. And he is so into cooking that he even engage chef to teach him how to cook those special dishes. (wow….)

Another notable real-life example around me would be my bil who even during his courting days with my sister, he often cook dishes like nasi lemak, curry etc (he’s from Malacca so most of his dishes are spicy ones..:P ) and is really as yummy as what you can find at those hawker stalls or eateries.

Even though my DH hardly cooks, but he is very good at it (theoretically). At one mouthful or one sip or one look, he can tells me what seasoning, ingredients or cooking method is missing(like over-cooked or steps not in right sequence)…which sometimes makes me “FIRE” yet I am very thankful for his comment as I am a better cook now(well..if he hears this I think there’s a long road to go…still lotsa improvement to be made).

Lately while we trying to bring lunch from home and cook simple dishes for dinner due to the fact that by the time we got home, it was rather late and elaborate dinner would mean very very late dinner. DH has offered several times to help me with the dinner preparation (which mostly consist of noodle soup or “kon lou”-dried noodles with soup as side dishes). And it is real yummy even without or with little other ingredients. Even if he cook only empty kon lou noodle(yep with nothing at all…) it taste SO GOOD! Though, I would often offer to prepare vegetables and other side dishes to make it a more wholesome meal.

And, few days back, while I was preparing to fried vermicelli for our lunch, my son suddenly poo poo, thus I asked DH whether he could help to change the diaper and wash Shone’s bottom, yet he took up the challenge and offered to fried the vermicelli instead..haha...why I said challenge? ‘Cos besides kon lou noodle, burger, rojak, instant noodle (yup that’s all I think), I have yet to taste the vermicelli cooked by him!

And the result…voila…it is YUMMY allrite!

Plus, the main point is I am happy to know that my DH don’t mind or willing to chip in with meal preparation now…

No comments: