Friday, May 29, 2009

Language development update

Recently I find my two kids language development amazing….

And something I find it useful is STIMULATION. It is a proven act I did unknowingly (not on purpose) makes both of them (BOTH) pick up the same word- “STAR” before one year old.

What kind of stimulation I meant? While both of them is still a newborn, I am fond of having a minor wall dĂ©cor, i.e. sticking those luminous plastic sticker-like stars and galaxy (erm forgot the brand or the actual term but I am sure many of you get what I meant..if you do not know…pls. leave your comment as I can’t find any pictures of it yet :P my apology). So each time I turned off the lights, I would bring them near the wall and tell them that object is STAR….and very fast they will repeat back to you …”STAR…..”

In fact, “STAR” is the first word for KY instead of nen-nen, or mam-mam.

So, allow me to jot down the language development for my two kids for their future reading haha..(if my blog still exist then..and I guess that’s what online journal for isn’t it?)

 

KY

Shone

First Word milestone

@ 4-5 months’ old

- Star

@ 4-5 months’ old

 – “che che” as in sister

Current milestone

@ 2 yrs, 10 months

Can speak in clear full sentence..picking up language real FAST!

 

Lately, hear her scolding people, “STUPID”, sigh…picking up the good and bad from audios “stimulation” around her

@ 11 months

-    che che (sister)

-    ta ta (beat)

-    star

-   nen-nen

-    mam-mam

-  bao bao (carry me) 

- bao bao(lower tone- bread)

Special

Her first song sang at one year old is “Negaraku”. I even recorded in video when she sang it once..haha

Likes to sing along and follow my gestures on the song- Incy Wincy Spider

 

 Cheers!

No comments: