Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hg makes smarter kids

Hi folks, recent article at Cafemom, Study Links Morning Sickness to Smarter Babies makes me pondering..since I have TERRIBLE morning sickness(lasted for the whole first trimester!...see my post here and here), this articles comes to be of a relief if not hmm...encouragement I think...and guess this article would be most useful for those mommies or mommies-to-be who are facing it right now!

And does the study/research reflected rightly for my kids.. :P I would say yes...well depends how you define "smarter" I supposed....when "er" is added means there should be comparison of sorts? Hmm...and since breastfeeding is supposed to produce smarter babies as well....I am not 100% sure of this study..BUT nonetheless...to all pregnant mommies out there...hopefully this articles serves as a good justification or support for you to go through your much dreaded morning sickness spell...(I understand how it felt...I went thru it...and mine is a more severe type of morning sickness called Hyperemesis Gravidarum which literally means severe as in "Hyper", vomit as in "emesis"...erm..don't ask me what is Gravidarum..haha..not sure what it means yet..or perhaps the whole phrase emesis gravidarum means "vomitting" haha...enlighten me more medical-term-savvy folks or Doctors out there :P)

Cheers for the day!

4 comments:

Josephine said...

No wonder i so stupid lah.
My mom said she got no morning sickness at all. She did not even know that she was pregnant!

alohamolly said...

Jo..then i think high chances u will have a free-from-morning-sickness pregnancy in future too ;) good lar...it's damn suffering having morning sickness ..for me it's worst than d actual give birth time :P

Unknown said...

gravida means pregnancy, so hyperemesis gravidarum = excessive vomiting during pregnancy. =)

alohamolly said...

Thanks Dr. Tay for your defination ;) and dropping by my blog :)