Sunday, January 10, 2010

KY First Day at Nursery


Hi folks,

Time really flies....My dear little KY finally enrolled into a nursery(at very last hour) after one whole year of nagging me and DH to bring her to school.

She is not even 4 yet, but very eager to go to school! Hope this spirit continues till she go University! Haha...

On the first day, she cried when I had to wake her at 7:15am as her nursery starts at 8am and we had to get her prepared, brush teeth, take breakfast, etc.

She refused to wake up and had to be carried by me to the washroom. I had to brush her teeth for her(normally she would happily do it herself, provided she is fully-awake, at this point of time, her eyes are still fully shut with tears falling as I quickly brush her teeth and wash her face).

After cleaning up, she finally stopped crying when she saw her uniform!! Yippee, I am going to school, she said! Oh well....

Then since she refused to drink her milk, I made her favourite drink, i.e. Milo(I normally don't let her drink that much 'cos she tend to get heaty and sorethroat). One now every day I heard the nursery gave her Milo(slap forehead!) and sweet(my Goodness...all the forbidden food that she likes!!!!). And I made her bear-like kaya bread (made with cookie cutter I bought at Daiso, you can check how it looked like here) for her to bring along to nursery.

I found that KY's habit very much like DH.
  • Not an early-waker(she normally slept past 8am).
  • A night sleeper(sometimes she can watch movie with her dad till late at night!!).
  • Not an early breakfast person(much like DH)
  • Loves drinking soft drink(I limit it to 100 Plus), eating ice creams and junk food(I limit it to non-fried rice crackers but her dad sometimes give her Cheezel...her favourite! Too salty for me!)

And, Shone is very much like me and what's my habits like? All the opposite of above! lol...As the saying goes..."Opposite attracts!"

Okey, stay tuned for more updates on KY adventure at nursery!

By the way, saw this article from Parenthots, might be useful for us! Check it out:

Coping with first day at school

Cheers!

No comments: