Saturday, August 28, 2010
Friday, August 27, 2010
Organiser: Woods Macrobiotics
Workshop title: Raising Healthy Babies & Children for parents and parents-to-be.
Talks conducted by:
- Environmentalist June Kalim (Macrobiotic pregnancy and childcare)
- Environmental scientist Lim Da Vid (Nurturing healthy and happy children)
- Owner of Fit for 2 cafe
- Fitness guru Debbra Lee (Pregnancy fitness)
- Infant massage instructor Angela Kong Ai Sun (Baby massage)
- Distributor of Innertalk music therapy CDs Yan Sow Lim (Life begins in the womb)
- Yoga instructor Florence Thomas (Pregnancy yoga)
- Aromatherapist Irene Thian (Feet treat for mothers-to-be and safe oils for use in pregnancy)
- Natural baby care advisor of Living Options Adeline Shak (Organic babycare products)
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Playhouse Disney is having special feature this Raya!
Each day of the week at 9.30am, from September 6 to 10, Monday to Friday,Playhouse Disney (Astro Channel 613) will be featuring a series of color-themed episodes associating preschoolers' favorite Mickey Mouse Clubhouse character to a particular color – red for Mickey Mouse, pink for Minnie Mouse, yellow for Pluto, blue for Donald and purple for Daisy.
And on September 11 and 12, Saturday and Sunday, these colours get together for a rainbow weekend to delight the little ones! On top of that, families can gather together and have fun creating adorable Raya invites, green packets, and decorating the home with a list of other cool Mickey Mouse Clubhouse decoratives from www.playhousedisney-asia.com (just click on the "Celebration Center" button in the website!).
Have fun with these episodes during Raya season!
Monday, August 23, 2010
How has your relationship been with your in-law?
I have been staying with my in-law for the first year of marriage, can be said as if on-the-job training on how to be a new wife to my hubby, learning the habits, likes and dislikes of the family.
To be frank even though I faced some challenges in breastfeeding with my mil at initial stage, I am glad I persevered and now she is ever-positive about bf and never question my second attempt with my son.
Now, why the sudden thought about mil? Cos my younger sis who has just given birth 10 days ago...her mil did not get to see her first grandson in time. She supposed to travel to KL last weekend to visit them but alas her illness got ahead of her and there's no chance for my little nephew to be pampered for a moment by his grandma. This sadden my sis a lot and create such impact on me.
No matter how the clashes would be, they are the one who brought up our hubby and we should cherish hem while they are still alive... A reminder to myself..
Cheers to all goody in-law!