Holiday doesn't comes too often for working parents. Our precious annual leaves are usually reserved for emergencies and school breaks.
This year, I had to stand in for a colleague who's away for 4 months (due to pregnancy-related complication, etc) thus I am left with quite a no. of leave which I am happy to use it with my kids during the year-end break. Very grateful that my boss approved my leave. It's been quite awhile since i had such long leave. Every switching of companies, I seems to be making the transition almost immediately, leaving no room for idle time or space to rest or rethink my priorities and simply breathe (haha)..
I haven't got much time to plan for my 2-week+ break with kids as I was trying to rush through all the work that I am supposed to finished within that 2-week+ and before. But I kept the important goal in mind- Fulfilling dreams of the kids and mine.
Thus, this is what we did:
- Visited my ailing grandparents at my hometown. Made a short trip home when we get a wedding invites to South. Took the chance to stop-by for a quick visit to my hometown and visited few familiar places with kids and parents, visited some long-time friend of my dad (thus fulfilling my dad's dream as well!)
- Kids attended two-day kids camp on the second weekend
- Kids replaced all their missing swimming lessons for the weekend getaway we made during the weekdays as mommy is staying at home with them.
- Finally, the kids attended their long-awaited Ice-Skating lessons at Sunway Pyramid Ice Academy.
- And the following are more like my wish list which I am hoping to get it done during my 2-week+ break:
- Service the air-cond (before Chinese New Year rush)- checked
- Declutter the wardrobe - on-going
- Declutter the kitchen cabinets/pantry/wet kitchen - Not started
- Try some new recipes - on-going
- Complete few photobooks, posters, photo prints - Not started
- Spring-clean the house - On-going
- Refurbished/Tidy up the study area for a more conducive 2016 study place - On-going
- Do mask, cut and dye my hair? Wardrobe reshuffle (guess what, my pre-pregnancy clothes are still nicely packed away!)- Not started
- Redesign the layout, etc of my blog- Not started
- Visit the libraries (e.g. the Shah Alam Public library that has 6D theatre with kids)- Not started
- Giveaway un-needed stuff- Not started
- Catch up with some old buddies- Not started
- Go cycling with kids- Not started
- Schedule dates with hubby? - Not started
Very ambitious wish lists of mine LOL...let's see how many i get to checked them off..wish me luck before i returned to work.